Last modified: May 20, 2016
BlackBox Biometrics®, Inc. (“Company,” “We,” “us,” and “our”) respects your privacy and we are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you: download, install, register with, access, or use the Linx IAS® products, mobile applications, or services (collectively referred to as the “Linx IAS®”); register the Linx IAS® or associated accounts with us; or when you otherwise submit, retrieve, download, or access the Linx IAS® information through the internet, or in e-mail, text, and electronic communications with the Company (collectively, all such types of information are referred to as the “Collected Information”).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing Collected Information.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company applications or websites, including Company or third party websites you may access through the Linx IAS®.
- You provide to, or is collected by, any third party.
- The original final consumer of a Linx IAS® product may retrieve or submit through the Linx IAS® for an athlete registered to use his or her product.
Our websites, mobile applications, and third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children under the Age of 13
The Linx IAS® is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that Collected Information. If you believe we might have any Collected Information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of the Linx IAS®:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the Linx IAS®.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, use, access, update or register the Linx IAS®, we may ask you provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number, any information collected that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms, such as by registering the Linx IAS™, subscribing the athlete to a Linx IAS™ device, or by submitting or retrieving information via the Linx IAS®. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Linx IAS® or as part of our user experience.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys or queries that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
You may provide information to be published or displayed (“Posted”) publicly (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you download, register, download, access and/or use the Linx IAS®, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. We may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Linx IAS®, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Linx IAS®.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your computer systems or mobile device used to access the Linx IAS® and your internet connection, including the unique device or system identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, network information, and, where applicable, your electronic device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The Linx IAS® also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your electronic device. This may include, for example, contacts and address book information.
- Location Information. The Linx IAS® may collect real-time information about the location of the Linx IAS® or your electronic device to deliver its functionality.
Please see the Section titled “Your Choices about Our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Information” for additional details. If you do not consent to us automatically collecting this information refer to do not use the Linx IAS®, delete it from your electronic device, and refer to the return instructions in the Linx IAS® User Guide.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies.
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your electronic device. It may be possible to refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain features of the Linx IAS®.
- Web Beacons. Information delivered via the Linx IAS® and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third Party Information Collection
When you use the Linx IAS®, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties include, without limitation, your own internet service provider and the manufacturer of your electronic device.
Third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Linx IAS®. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Collected Information
We use Collected Information, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Linx IAS® functionality and content, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide such information.
- Give you notices about your registration and/or accounts.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when the Linx IAS® updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve the Linx IAS® and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Linx IAS® according to user interests.
- Speed up information submission, retrieval, and searches.
- Recognize you when you use the Linx IAS®.
We may use Collected Information to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not personally identify any individual without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose Collected Information that may include personal information:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- to contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about the Linx IAS® users is among the assets transferred.
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- with your consent.
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Choices about Our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the Linx IAS® to collect and use real-time information about your electronic device’s location through your electronic device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Linx IAS® may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Linx IAS® and updating your account with us. You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your Linx IAS® account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by others.
Your Privacy Rights in California and Other Jurisdictions Requiring Certain Requests
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you live in another jurisdiction where applicable law, rule, or regulation permits such a request, please send an e-mail to us at email@example.com, and cite the applicable law, rule, or regulation so we can comply with our obligations.
The Linx IAS® is an educational resource providing general feedback to users, not a medical device. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. We utilize cloud-based technologies to provide you an efficient Linx IAS® experience. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Linx IAS®, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by others.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through the Linx IAS®. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.